March 7, 2018

Writer's Block and more...

Whenever I heard the word 'writer's block', I hoped that I would never enter such a phase. Well, I did. Like many of my other blogger friends. I never ran out of ideas or thoughts to write. I still do have lots of them floating in my head. It was not due to the dearth of ideas but stuff happens. 

I was moved to a new project at work and it kept me occupied. I who was not used to working long and extended hours had to spend my late evenings at work. And it just got busier over weeks. Adding to that, the husband had to go on an India trip and I took off from work to manage the kids during his absence. Then it was festive season followed by holidays followed by a lot of eating and lazing around. Begin New Year and the madness began again. Before I realized two months have passed. 

The boy is a teen now and the girl almost a tween. A friend once said, kids grow like weeds. Yes, they do grow very fast. Amid all the craziness, I realized the attention I am paying to their studies is reducing and I could clearly see the effects. The past seven months have been a roller coaster ride for me both personally and professionally. Each time I was on the verge of quitting, I hung in there that it would just get better. While it got a bit better, it would get worse in no time. Finally, I called it quits but didn't have enough courage to do so. After fighting within myself over and over, I planned to take a temporary break from work until the kids' school year ends. Let's see how it goes!

During all this, my blog my child had to take a back seat. I had been randomly reading a post here and there but have not been actively reading or writing. Though there were few times when I had the time on hand, I didn't know what post to write. Which one would break the ice of my silence? I had one of my 'Ammusings' posts that always came to my rescue when I was gone for a while. However, this time I wanted to talk to my readers and my friends and hence this post...I hope you all have been doing great and didn't forget that I still exist. :) I hope to blog often and read more of you....see you all soon!

3 comments:

  1. It gives cheer that you are back to blogging after a long gap. Looking forward to the posts. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, KP sir. Hoping to write often. Glad to spread cheers ..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey nice to hear from you. ..i have only two words ...i understand ... :) take care and no I will always remember your blog :D

    ReplyDelete