April 14, 2018

Laughter!

When I laughed
people said
It sounded like 
goat's bleat
One said 
it sounded like 
the gears of a bus
Few who loved me
loved my laughter too
nonetheless how
hysteric it is
Fun some did
for sure
little did I care
back then and now
for I love to laugh
they way I laugh;

Now a miniature of me
she laughs
the way I do
A goat's bleat again
the same hysterics
the exact wave
of up and down
it flows
through the bones and veins
and echoes
through the walls and hallways
the giggles continue
dawn to dusk
each day she grows
the laughter grows too... 


Wishing the lil devil of laughters a very Happy 9th Birthday!

8 comments:

  1. The ‘bleat’ like laugh is in the genes!!!
    A very nicely written poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...It surely is in the genes..Thank you, KP sir.

      Delete
  2. Give the little one for her laughter and on her turning 9. You guys are still ok. As a kid, my laughter used to sound like a donkey's bray :D Somewhere along the way, I grew out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on, you could have never sounded like a donkey's Bray...Your laugh is very simple and nice.. Actually I didn't hear you laughing like really loud..

      Delete
    2. You are simply biased. Of course I used to, but as I said, I grew out of it :)

      Delete
  3. Love your poem darling ...your laughter too😙😂😂😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your poem darling ...your laughter too����������

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful---would love to hear you laugh!

    ReplyDelete