September 5, 2018

Conversations with Ammu - 1

Now that the baby turned toddler turned cute little girl with two pig tails is turning into an almost tween; her chatter is no longer an innocent musing as it used to be. From the past year or so, we have conversations. Most of her questions are around religion and they are quiet interesting conversations. This post is not one of those religious talks we had but something funny to spread some smiles like always :)

One day while rolling on the bed, Ammu blurts out: "Amma, I wished you started wearing makeup"
"why?"
"you will look pretty"
"why? I am pretty even now"
"umm.... Amma, no offense but you will look much better. All the holes with pimples; makeup will cover all that"
While I still think what to answer her next, she goes.
"you see American movies. How people put makeup on?"
"So?"
"See how much lipstick Taylor swift puts on..."
"What's Taylor Swift? Is it a movie or a person?"
"Oh! My gosh, Amma! You don't know who Taylor Swift is?"
"Nope, I dont!"
"Amma, she is the one who sang "shake it off", sings something I can't comprehend
Now it's my turn to say "oh my gosh! Amulya, you know so many things"
From rolling on the bed I turn to rolling my eyes and wave her off!

********************************************************************************************

Ammu wears a blue frock and I tell her, "Amulya, you know we bought this frock at Gymboree and they are closing stores now?"
"They are closing? why?"
"Because they are not doing so well in business. They are not making a lot of money; that's why."
"They need to tell people about their business, Amma"
"What do you mean tell people about their business?"
"They need to advertise, Amma!
See...ads on tv? I have seen a yogurt, a Bank and detergent ads but never saw a Gymboree ad .They need to sell them more, Amma"
It was another of those, I see!! moment for me.

********************************************************************************************

We had guests over and she was narrating something in English
I ask her to speak in Telugu
She says, "why?"
I tell her because they can't understand the way you speak English
"They cant understand my English?"
"What do you mean? English is one. Like you say god is one, English is also one. It is the same English we all speak.."
"Then how come they all not understand?" And gives me one of those you are so dumb looks. Sigh!


8 comments:

  1. A precocious child and keenly observant. Answer her questions honestly and calmly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, KP sir. Will definitely do that 😊that's why we have extended conversations 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right English is God ! Ha ha ....did u send her message to the folks at Gymboree ?? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...poor guys are already broke.. not sure if they have enough money for advertising :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, aunty. It's been a while I opened the blog and glad to know that I have not lost my readers :)

      Delete