March 9, 2019

Tis juste a Weekend Ramble!

Read this post by imagining me standing in front of a mike and I am trying to talk like a standup comedian. Just saying! You are at your free will to read it as you like or not read it at all. :)

So...apparently I decide to go on a non-cooking strike. Non-cooking strike?  One must have heard of Hunger Strike. But a No-Cooking strike? Yeah..right. You heard me right. So it started on a Friday night with all my might. As we went to file our taxes and ended up late into the night. We picked food on the way and ate very late. I normally cook for the week ahead and pack in boxes of five. One for each working day of the week. So the husband could grab one a day and go. Cos you know, people in my home are handicapped that way. They need a GPS even in the fridge or say, to serve their food.
Come Saturday and we attend a House warming and lunch is covered. I stand firm and say there is no food at home and we stop by a curry point to pick up some curries for the week. The son eats one of the curries with roti (I didn't make them btw..) and says, this is not so good...it's alright. I tell him, you better get used to it as I am not going to cook this week. What? Why? he exclaims! I didn't respond but got the kick out of it and conclude by, Cos I need a break!
Silence!
It's Sunday and we visit the new Baba Temple. The daughter and I eat the prasad and feel our lunch is done. The son wanted KFC. So, we make stop. The smell of chicken makes us both hungry again. Pizza Hut is right next to it and the husband orders pizza so that he could eat it for dinner too. We hop in.   We come home and eat pizza again while the husband complaints the customer service for being denied of extra pepper. 
       I said I am on a strike right? But what can stop me from entering my kingdom? Though I resisted from the past couple of days, I could not stand it longer but then I really did not want to lose my battle..you see? So I fry some fish ...just because it has been defrosted a couple of days back. I cut the chicken and marinate it for school lunches for the week ahead. You see, these are compulsory tasks I had to finish. I do all of this while watching Marvelous Mrs.Maisel with my Bose Noise canceling headset. Let me tell you, that's the best investment the husband has ever done for me. I open the fridge to store the spices and notice a stack of beer bottles. Don't I remember they were expired? Then wtf are they doing in my refrigerator? I take them out. All of them. Open them one by one. Drain them, wash each bottle and then put them in the recycle bin. I am finicky that way. I put rice in the cooker...poor guys..let them not starve tonight...it's freaking cold outside. And I continue to watch Marvelous Mrs.Maisel. Now wait..Am I starting to sound like her? You see..these things have an impact on you.. The more you watch, the more you tend to talk like them, act like them. I will let you all have a nice weekend before I become one. 

2 comments:

  1. Well,you did pretty well for your strike but then this darned conscience and the force of habit:how can one resist THAT?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly...you got that right :) I can resist anything but not Not going to the kitchen ...

      Delete